Please Check This Site for any Late-breaking Campaign News!
How Does The County Commission Affect Me?
You PAY for it!
- The County has a BUDGET of $30+ million—not chump change! [Almost half comes from
- It funds...
- the Sheriff’s Office
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Management Transportation
- County roads [some of which link to city roads]
- County bridges [many of which you probably use]
- Regulation of junkyards and public nuisances
- Trash collection and animal control in unincorporated area
- Building inspection
- WE ALL PAY FOR IT THROUGH OUR PROPERTY TAXES!
- 6.5 mills for the General Fund
- 3.0 mils for roads and bridges
- 2.5 mils for the hospital
- 1.5 mils for dependent children
- 5.0 for schools [Auburn/Opelika/County]
- CITY DWELLERS PAY FOR IT! If you make purchases in the city limits of Auburn, Notasulga,
Waverly or Loachapoka, 1% of the sales tax you pay goes to the County schools.
- COUNTY DWELLERS PAY FOR IT! If you make purchases in the County, 3% of the sales
tax you pay goes to the County schools.
- If your neighborhood abuts the County, you are no doubt highly interested in what
happens to the land next door.
- If you travel on County roads on a regular basis, you are interested in the maintenance
of those roads. [Just ask the residents of Camden Ridge!]
Paid for by Sheila H. Eckman, 430 Deer Run Road, Auburn, AL 36832 /  750.9666